[vc_row row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” oblique_section=”no” text_align=”left” triangle_shape=”no” css_animation=”” box_shadow_on_row=”no”][vc_column][vc_column_text]
St. Richard’s Festival started in 2007. The event fills Vines Park and provides visitors with a great day out in the hub of the historic salt town of Droitwich Spa. The festival celebrates the life of St Richard, the Spa’s patron saint, who, legend has it, made the town’s brine wells flow again in the Middle Ages. It offers attractions to suit all ages including entertainment, classic and vintage cars and boat trips on the Droitwich Canal.
The event starts at 5pm on the evening of Friday 28th April, with a real ale bar and live music and runs through until Monday 1st May culminating in ‘The Great Droitwich Duck Race’ at 4.30pm. The Festival will close at 5pm.
• Opportunity to participate in an event which attracts thousands of visitors
• Inclusion on website and in the programme (charges apply)
• Publicise your business to new customers
• Raise awareness and funds for your community group
The festival can offer a choice of premium and non-premium pitches in Vines Park.
1. There are 2 options available for exhibitors: A pitch (to fit 3x3m gazebo)
or a table in the marquee.
2. Stall rates depend on location and day. Premium pitches opposite the canal in Vines Park will be charged at a higher rate. These will be allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
3. Charities and community groups: There is a price reduction for booking a pitch in the non-premium zone. See booking form. Charities and community groups can book a pitch in the Vines Park (premium) zone but will be at the same rate as trading stalls. Please note that in the event that bookings for gazebos and tables are oversubscribed then priority will be given to Droitwich based groups, if they book by the deadline of 30th March 2016.
4. Stallholders can either book for all 3 days (which includes a discount see booking form) or select the individual days they wish to attend.
1. Applications for stall bookings will be taken for the St. Richard’s Canal Festival that takes place from Friday evening 28th April-Monday 1st May 2017 5pm. The Friday evening is not for traders. Trade stands 10am-5pm on Saturday, Sunday & Monday.
2. The full stall fee as outlined on the booking form is payable no later than Friday 30th March. Although applications may be accepted after this date, failure to pay and apply by 30th March 2017 will result in your business/charity not being included in all printed and online listings.
3. Applications for bookings must be accompanied by a cheque or bank transfer for the full payment for your stall or table. Cheques to be made payable to ‘Worcester Birmingham & Droitwich Canals Society’. This cheque will be banked upon acceptance of the stall. No post-dated cheques will be accepted. The application form is not valid unless completed in full and signed. By signing the application form you agree to comply with these conditions.
4. Stallholders requiring electricity must book and pay for this using the stall booking form.
5. In the event of a cancellation, we regret refunds will not be given for bookings cancelled by exhibitors after 7th April 2017. 50% of the booking fee will be returned if cancellation is made before this date. Any cancellation needs to be received in writing by the stall booking agent by 7th April 2017.
6. No refunds will be given to stallholders if the festival cannot take place because of bad weather or ground conditions or for any reason beyond the control of the organisers; a change of performance programme or necessary re-siting of stalls. The festival organisers will not accept any responsibility for the level of trading during the event.
7. Pitches will be allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
8. Priority will be given to locally based community groups for hire of gazebos and tables, subject to booking by 30th March 2017. We cannot guarantee availability of gazebos and tables after this date.
9. All applications for bookings will be considered and accepted entirely at the discretion of the St. Richard’s Canal Festival organisers whose decision is final.
10. All exhibitors must possess Public Liability Insurance cover and must produce documentary evidence to that effect, please send this with the application or by the 20th April at the latest.
11. Stallholders are expected to comply fully with the relevant legislation in respect of Food Safety, Trading Standards and Health and Safety of Worcestershire Regulatory Services (for further advice call 01905 822799). Stalls may be inspected during the event and those deemed not to comply with relevant regulations could be shut down.
12. Services offered, articles sold and any vehicles brought into the Festival area are at the risk of the stallholder. In particular the stallholder is at all times responsible for the safety of all items sold and/or held at the stall. The St. Richard’s Canal Festival cannot accept liability for any damage to or loss of any items howsoever caused.
13. Stallholders need to indicate on the booking form whether they perceive any health and safety risks and submit a risk assessment where necessary. Any stalls selling temperature controlled foods and/or cooking on the stall will be required to submit a risk assessment.
14. A 2Kw electricity supply can be provided to your stall (charges apply). Stallholders must request electricity supply at time of application and all electrical items intended to be used must be listed on the stall booking form. Stallholders will be required to comply with an electricity supply agreement, which will be sent to you following receipt of the stall booking form. Diesel generators only are permitted subject to agreement by the event organisers. Petrol generators will not be allowed on site.
15. All gas equipment must be covered by a valid gas certificate issued by a registered gas engineer. This certificate must be available for inspection at the event.
16. Any equipment used for cooking/heating must be placed in a position, which is not accessible, by the public, particularly children. It must also be placed on a stable surface in a position which does not present a risk of injury to stallholders, their staff or anyone involved in the operation of the event.
17. Stallholders must provide fire safety equipment on their stands appropriate to their activities.
18. All stallholder must comply with directions and instructions issued by the St. Richard’s Canal Festival and the official stewards. Failure to do so may result in your removal from the event.
19. It is important that a good mix of stalls and merchandise is provided. The St. Richard’s Canal Festival Organisers committee will allocate appropriate pitch positions at its discretion.
20. Stallholders may set up during the morning from 7.30am-9.30am. All vehicles must be moved off site immediately after unloading.
21. Stallholders must have their stalls set up and manned at all times during the opening hours which are 10am-5pm. Stalls must be set up by the time the festival opens and must not be dismantled before it closes.
22. Access for vehicles is available at set up times between 7.30am-9.30am and take down of stalls after 5pm. VEHICULAR ACCESS IS NOT AVAILABLE AT ANY OTHER TIME (except in an emergency).
23. Access to Vines Park is via a bridge that has a 3 tonne axle weight restriction and a 2.6m width restriction. Please contact Bill Lambert (07815 986012) if this is likely to be a problem.
24. Exhibitor toilets and hand wash facilities are available in Vines Park and at the public toilets in St. Andrews Square Shopping Centre. Please ask where they are situated if unsure.
25. Stallholders are expected to keep their stalls and surrounding areas as clean as possible during the event and remove all rubbish at the end.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” oblique_section=”no” text_align=”left” triangle_shape=”no” css_animation=”” box_shadow_on_row=”no”][vc_column][vc_empty_space height=”64px” image_repeat=”no-repeat”][/vc_column][/vc_row]